Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hip Knit Hats by Cathy Carron

I've recently become a fan of knitting hats. They are so fast and easy. I like to call them my instant gratification projects. I discovered this book, Hip Knit Hats, when my mom checked the book out from the library. I really liked two particular patterns from the book a beret and a pattern called Nina. I've made 4 hats from these two patterns, 3 berets and one Nina.
Over the weekend I looked through the book again while visiting a Barnes and Nobles. I decided I must have this book. And wouldn't you know it, Knit Picks is having a book sale through August 8th! So the book is officially on its way.
The hats in this book are a mixture of classic and funky modern. While I may not knit every single pattern in the book, I will knit up more than half of them at least. Most of the hats call for bulky weight yarn and size 10 to 10.5 circulars and DPNs. The instructions are pretty easy to follow. The two patterns that I have been knitting up start at the top of the hat, the crown, and you increase into the body of the hat. There's also a hat for everyone in this book. Kids will love the funky hats and there are even hats that guys would enjoy wearing. There are also a few hats that call for novelty yarn such as the Fun Fur yarn.
If you love knitting hats and don't have this book, you should definitely look into buying it.

No comments: